I just got Delainey off the bus and she promptly burst into tears and said "My teacher said I have to go live with a stranger".... WTF?!?!?! My mind was RACING considering this teacher and I don't exactly see things the same....(that is another post for another day)....
Well I get Delainey calmed down and call the school....Apparently there was a gentleman walking his dog during recess today and Delainey and some other children rushed up to the fence to pet the dog (DUH... Delainey does this all the time and we tell her it is only ok when she WITH US)...well the man let the kids pet the dog and then apparently the teachers noticed that a group of 7 preschoolers were by the fence with a 'stranger' and should be brought back to the play ground... The teacher of course told the children that this man was a stranger and that they shouldn't be talking to him...the older gentleman instantly felt horrible and told the teacher... "Yea times are different now days aren't they? " and apologized several times.
So once the kids got back into the class room the teacher decided to take this time to tell the children about strangers again (it was their safety unit last week) and I guess 3 of the children burst into tears (Delainey being one of them) when they realized that this man was a stranger and could have taken them... so my daughter is now still rather distraught by the fact that she talked to a stranger today.... Poor kid. Hopefully though, she will learn her lesson and stop doing this... I don't even want to think....
3 comments:
Oh no! How sad. The stranger talk is such a tricky one.
That playground is completely surrounded by fences, how were they petting the dog?
Angela :-)
They were putting their hands through the fence I guess...
Post a Comment