Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shrink for Good Finale


Today is the FINAL day of the Shrink for Good Challenge. This challenge wasn't just about ME losing weight and losing it for good, it was also about an amazing community project in which Weight Watchers and Share Our Strength teamed up for an even more amazing cause to END CHILDHOOD HUNGER IN AMERICA. The idea of this challenge was for every pound lost, you were to donate 1lb of food. at the 'ending' weigh in last week I was at 238 even which means that I lost 7.6lbs for the challenge, so I donate 8 lbs of food. I ended up donating more (and some paper products as well) just because this is such an amazing cause that is near and dear to my heart. But at my weigh in this morning sadly (but not shockingly) I am back at 240.6... I know what I did and what I need to avoid doing that again (but damn it was fun)...


Here is the food that I donated (and if you look in the back you can see my paper products as well) to the local food bank... I know that it will go to a good cause...

Here is to the next challenge and for all of us working toward a common goal of getting healthy and ending childhood hunger... because while I know that this activity was supposed to be just for this challenge... I plan to continue it on with my weight loss journey.

8 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Woot! Good job!

Brooke said...

congrats on your success this challenge. i'm up a couple this week too. we'll get back on it and be better next week

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

Your cans are wonderful! I'm sorry you had a gain this week, but it sounds like it may have been worth it! You'll have it off in NO TIME!!

Christie O. said...

Wow, you did FANTASTIC! oh so what's a little indiscretion, no biggie! Congrats to you on your shrinkage, what a wonderful challenge this was!

Mendie said...

Those are awesome!

Cheers to starting the next challenge and continuing on our journey!

april said...

Sorry about the gain, but YAY to those cans!

Mommy Mo said...

All of us lose and then gain a pound or two here or there. Just get back on the wagon and the weight will continue to fall off.

Congrats on the overall loss!

Anonymous said...

Damn that Melssa and her kick ass party!

Congrats on the challenge! You did great!