Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Totally Ticks me off Tuesday



Well since last week's edition of "Totally Ticks me of Tuesday" made me feel a little better, I thought I'd try it again. It was originally created by my awesome blog friend MidWestMommy, but she hasn't been needing them lately, so being the amazing and supportive friend that I am *umm yea that's it* I thought I would have continuous weeks of nasty no fun crappy stuff that has made me mad to write about so that she could get a break ;)

So here is this weeks 'edition' of Totally Ticks Me of Tuesday Kristin Style:

  1. It really ticks me off when people assume that because I am 'just' a stay-at-home mom that I do absolutely nothing but eat bon-bons and watch tv all day. I may "JUST" be a stay at home mom, but I am also a full time college student, Tastefully Simple Consultant, President of my local MOMS Club, active in my children's schools (yes my school aged children go to 2 different schools and I am active in both of them), I help a friend with her daycare a few days of the weeks and I also have been working hard advocating for my child so she can get a break...really? Yup. Kristin just sits at home and does NOTHING. What I would give for a day in which I really did NOTHING and to sit back and see the crap storm that would happen when people came over.
  2. My house being spotless is NOT MY STYLE... never has been. I saw a sign at a craft fair this summer that said "Pardon the mess my children are making memories"... and quite frankly I would rather them remember me playing with them, reading to them etc than them remember Mommy always yelling about picking up the toys, crayons etc. If you want to see my house clean, then please stop by in between the hours of 10pm and 6am...but I can't promise you that we will be good company.
  3. Health Insurance Companies... yes these REALLY tick me off. I have a child who has a 'need' for services and because her 'need' isn't recognized by the medical community as being 'worthy' of being a 'real' diagnosis we are currently fighting to get her the services she needs. We are on the fence of giving our child a label that while she has 'some' characteristics of we know that it isn't in fact this diagnosis. I am tired of people saying that she is JUST a brat, or that IF we'd spank her she wouldn't act like that etc (insert all the amazing and unwanted/unneeded parenting advice here)... God how I only wish that a spanking would fix this all (not that I am an advocate of spanking/hitting/physical punishments--- just saying I wish it was that easy). 
  4. Having to explain myself and my actions countless times, when I haven't done anything wrong. I should not have to justify my parenting style to other people, unless of course I am doing something illegal or to harm my child, I should not have to explain to other people why we felt the 'need' to invite my 6 year old's entire kindergarten class to her birthday party (if I didn't ask you to help don't worry about it), I should most certainly not have to explain to anyone why my 2 year old's crib is STILL in my bedroom-- but I will... the room that will be my 2 year old's bedroom is currently the toy room because I got sick of having toys completely over taking my living room (which they still do even with a toy room) and our basement needed a bit of remodel before we moved the toys etc down there and you see we just RECENTLY (as in like in the last month) repainted our basement etc to make it more family friendly, so I haven't had the time/energy/motivation/help to move all the toys out of the toy room, paint the wall (they are currently purple and pink as the room was previously my 6 year old's), and move everything the way it would need to be for it to be his room. So there...even though I know that I don't have to explain myself... I still felt the need to do so...
  5. People who don't live here complaining about the way things work in our house. Unless your driver's license has THIS address listed on it... you don't get to ask why this happens or why that doesn't happen and you CERTAINLY do not get to comment on the fact that our Christmas tree still isn't up..(duh..we just had 21 kids 6 and under in our house...do you really think we needed a Christmas tree added to that...I think not).
There is so much more that I could go on about but I am not going to... I think I have given us all enough to process for now...

Thanks for 'listening'....

1 comment:

Mrs. Heupel said...

WOW! I definitely think this was needed!! Keep your head up and if someone has a problem with you or the way you do something, just remember it is exactly that...’their’ problem!!