In light of recent events in my life, I thought it important to take a moment to be thankful for what it is that I do have instead of complaining about things that are currently going on. When I step back and look at my life from an 'outsiders' perspective it can and does sometimes seem 'rough' around the edges... but in retrospect there are people who's lives are far less nice as mine.
So today I am going to tell you the things that I am thankful for!
I am so very thankful that for my four amazing, wonderful, healthy children. They may drive me to tears and to the edge of my sanity some days... but in all honesty... they drive me period. They drive me to wake in the morning, they drive me to be a better person, a better friend and certainly they drive me to be a better mother. Without them my life really would have NO PURPOSE... I am so very blessed to GET to be their mom!!!
I am thankful for my friends. Let's face it... I have pretty awesome friends. I may not always be the best friend to them at times and vice verse but in the end I know that we have got each others backs it it were to come to shove...
I am thankful that I am able to be a stay-at-home mom to my children. It leads to tight ends with the paychecks, but in the long run I know that it is what is best for my children and for myself. That doesn't mean that there aren't days when I often think that I would be a better "working" mom.
I am thankful that while I am staying home with my children, I am also able to pursue my dreams of becoming a social worker, by attending college most of the time full time. I couldn't be happier about this. I mean really... I get the best of both worlds. I am able to stay home with my children now while they are young, and I am going to be able to get a fairly decent job when they are all in school. Pretty cool!
Thanks for stopping by and reading my Thankful Thursday... Hopefully it can inspire you to be thankful for what you have as well.
-Kristin

No comments:
Post a Comment