Saturday, December 17, 2011

I miss my friends...

Back when I was 'just' a mom (please note this is a slam on society and their belief that woman who choose to stay home with their children are just choosing not to work) I was able to spend time with my friends. I was able to see my friends several times/week and in fact I was able to see my friends so often that I would actually have 'stay home days' because I was seeing too many people.

THAT was before I started working. This past July I accepted a part time (at most 20 hours per week) , position at a local long term care facility. Well let's just say I am working far more than 20 hours per week, never mind adding my classes for school, and the fact that I am still a mom and let me tell you there are not enough hours in a day for me to get the things done that are simply expected of me, much less 'extras'.

So that being said plain and simple, I miss my friends.

No comments: