Thursday, January 18, 2007

Car seat hell.....

Chad and I received two wonderful car seats as babyshower gifts for Shelby and Avery. We did all the research and these were really good seats and not too pricey, but certainly more than we had planned on spending ourselves.

Well we recently learned that the seats had been recalled and when we called they said they would send us the "proper pieces to make the seats safe". Well I don't know about you but I really don't think that the little plastic clip they sent us will save our girls. So much to Chad's dismay I am wanting new car seats. So after Chad saw the clip that they sent us to "fix" our seats he too decided that it would be best to get the top/best seats so that we wouldn't have to buy them again.
I have done a lot of research and we are currently looking into three different seats. Well of course because we live in ND none of the stores here are wanting to be to helpful with us so we are having to bug the hell out of my SIL (THANK YOU TRACY) and now probably Brian too (remember we love you guys right? And you wouldn't want the girls in unsafe car seats right?? :) ), asking a bunch of questions --Brian and Tracy recently got one of the seats we are looking at ( http://www.elitecarseats.com/Britax-Marathon.pro ) so we have been asking them questions like "can we get three seats into the back of our car" "what is the width of the seat at its widest part" "was the seat put together when you got it" and a bunch more-- we really should send them a card or gift certificate or something to say thanks-.
So here are the three seats we are currently looking into (please if you have heard anything about any of them please let us know)
http://www.elitecarseats.com/Britax-Marathon.pro#specs
http://www.elitecarseats.com/Fisher-Price-Safe-Voyage-Deluxe-Convertible.pro
http://www.elitecarseats.com/Sunshine-Kids-Radian.pro

Well enough crabbing for one night LOL. I promise one night I will have a completely pleasent post with no bitching or complaining ;)

2 comments:

Vanderklok Family said...

Kristin, I have heard excellent things about the Britax Marathon. I wish we had gotten it for the twins. Gabe has a Britax Regent.

Vanderklok Family said...

Oops, I don't know how I got signed into this account, but this is Nancy. :)