Tuesday, June 19, 2007

bed time hell..

I almost lost my mind tonight. I had all the kids ready for bed at 8pm...everyone seemed to be getting tired and looked to be ready. So we tuck everyone in (including McKenzie who is visiting for the week) and walk out of the room and close the door..... silence.... AHHHHHHHHHH...

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.... about 15 minutes later I hear this ear piercing scream.... I go running back and it seems that Delainey fell off the ladder of the bunk bed while trying to climb up it to 'get' McKenzie.... umm want to hear my 'lovely, touching mommy speech"...

"Are you ok?"

"yes"

"good, now get back in bed and don't do it again".... didn't ya just get a bunch of warm fuzzies off of that??? I know I did.

15 minutes later Avery starts crying.... go back to find that Delainey had taken both her blanket and pacifier.... Delainey says she threw them out (a total possiblity) but didn't give them back to her. Gave Avery her items back and came back out.

15 minutes later I hear another cry... this time it is McKenzie who is missing her daddy (long story short, McKenzie is the daughter of two close friends of mine and her mom and step dad live in MN, and her dad lives here, she only gets to see her dad a week a month but he has to work---especially this week as he is a bartender and it is McQuades weekend).... so I comfort her and put her back into the bunk. Delainey of course is mad that Kenzie got cuddles and she didn't, so I cuddle Delainey and say good night.

It is 9pm, and I still haven't heard a peep and I start to think that we may just have achieved the goal of an actual 9pm bedtime (meaning asleep).... too good to be true...Delainey comes out of the room slamming the door into the wall (which of course wakes both Shelby and Avery--- not sure if it woke K as she was quiet) to tell me she needed a drink of water. She got a drink, went back to bed and haven't heard a peep since.

I have since went in and made sure everyone was covered (they weren't), turned out the light, and came back out.... so I am not expecting for there to be a scream/cry/slam soon...


Hope everyone had a wonderful night :)

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Psst... Don't tell anyone, but we were actually able to come downstairs tonight and all three boys feel asleep w/ little to no monkey business. :-)

Angela :-)