Monday, November 2, 2009

Not Me Monday...


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




YAY… it’s Monday. It is the day of the week that the ‘working’ adults in my household go back to work and I spend the day fixing what the weekend broke… but it is also the day that I get to admit to things that I did not do…nope not me, because you know that I would never do anything silly and you also know that I would not admit to it on a blog where friends, family and now co-workers can see it.
Saturday was my birthday…it is also Halloween. I have struggled with having a Halloween birthday for some time… I now know that my mom wasn’t trying to be evil when she planned Halloween themed birthday parties… she was just saving money by having my party on 11/1 and using orange and black decorations… I’m over it… really (ok..probably not) because you see if I was over it, I most certainly would not have been practically begging (ok..it was begging) my 5 year old to not pick out the orange and black decorated birthday cake with the spider rings when we went shopping for my birthday cake – HEY.. I refuse to have to bake my own cake--- I will use Chad’s money to buy a cake, but I refuse to have to make my own cake…cheap or not.
That being said.. I most certainly did not have to buy my own birthday cake…oh wait I already admitted to that one didn’t I?? ha ha…
We went out for lunch on my birthday because a restaurant in town gives free meals for your birthday…I like going to this place because it is literally the only time during the year that we go that I actually order my favorite thing on the menu… lol. Well the waitress asked how old I was…and I replied with “29”… she chuckled and then asked for my drivers liscence… as I was digging it out of my purse I most certainly did not start to kind of argue with the waitress that I really was 29… (and no she wasn’t going for younger in her guess)… she looked at the license and said… “oh..you really are 29”… BITE ME LADY was not something that I muttered under my breath as I walked away…
Well I think that is enough for the not me Monday… sounds good to me…

2 comments:

Arnegard said...

Happy Birthday Kristin!
At least you had a cake. I refused to make mine or buy one for myself last year. SIL made me cookies, so that is what I got!

Anonymous said...

29 again? Just kidding! It was probably the gaggle of kids...they age a person...but in a good way! I hope that you had a good lunch!