Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Totally Ticks Me off Tuesday

Hang on to your hats boys and girls... its gonna be a bumpy ride. Please note that this is just a venting of frustrations and some boiled over emotions... this is no way means that I do not like my life, nor do I not appreciate my life. I love the life that I have... and I love the jobs that I have in my life... I just needed to vent so that I can move on... Thanks.

  1. When I was 'just' (not how I feel about it but how society classifies it) a stay at home mom, I completely understood and expected for the house hold duties to fall on to me. Even though I didn't 'just' stay home, I had college class loads, therapy appointments, soccer, swimming etc you name we were going and doing it. Granted the house wasn't always up to other people's expectations, but I was ok with it. My husband would certainly NOT be ok with it. He would get mad about it  and pull the passive aggressive card on it and just make little off remarks. But NOW that I'm working out side of the home (on top of class four days a week, swimming, Girl Scouts, dance etc) I had hoped that maybe just maybe I'd get a little help... nope. Most definitely not. In fact my house is more of a mess now that when I was home. Why you ask? Oh because you see when I was 'just' a stay at home mom, I would pick up the laundry after the children were changed into the bed clothes, and while it was more often than not on a pile in the corner of my living room, at least it was kept to that pile. I would have the children pick up some of their toys, and the dishes were always done before I went to bed. Now I come home to laundry all around my house, my children's toys all over heck and dishes stacked in the sink at odd and weird geometric angles. So I come home and try to find my home and I'm lucky if I can manage a load of laundry ( the other adult in my home has been forbidden from EVER touching my washing machine again since the last time he did it cost $200 and was a week without it) and get a load of dishes done while I am doing homework till 2-3 in the morning and get to start it all over again at 7am. 
  2. I worked this weekend (as I do most weekends now) and we arranged childcare for the kids so that Chad could 'get some stuff done around the house'... I am THRILLED that my garage is clean... too bad I can't find my living room :(
  3. Sick adults. Especially sick adults who get sick time. They wine, cough, hack, etc all night long while YOU don't get sleep and then they get to take a day off to sleep to recover from their illness etc. I don't get a day off when I'm sick... nope, on top of being sick I have to typically care for the others in my home who are also sick, on top of doing all the other things that no one else is doing.
  4. In my next life I am totally being a dad!!!

No comments: