Sunday, April 1, 2007

HOUSE DRAMA....

I was going to post the good news of the weekend first but then I figured you guys would stop reading before I was done...so you are going to have to suffer through some drama... LOL

Well Chad's parents showed up bright and early Saturday am (8am) to start the floor and Chad's dad took a piece of hardiboard (it is the subfloor stuff) and put it on the floor by the front door and placed a piece of our tile on it and guess what... THE DOOR DIDN'T OPEN... it turns out that the dumbasses that put our door in didn't allow for us to PLACE ANY FLOORING (not just our tile, but not even laminate, lenolium NOTHING)...they apparently thought we were just going to 'stick' with the nasty floor boards that were in the kitchen when they placed the door (we had already taken up the old stuff)... So Chad and I called the installers of the door... they came over, Mike (Chad's dad) called the installers on a bunch of mistakes and caught them in several lies. In fact the owner tried to make Chad say we didn't tell them we were putting in tile...etc.. it was nasty. Thankfully I wasn't here because it probably would have only gotten worse. So Chad, Mike, and the installer came to the agreement that the labor to redo the door would be $250 and we would split the cost--so we are out $125 for a door we already paid to put in. Chad of course said "I could have *insert nasty vulgar word here* the door up for free, and now it is costing us $450".... They come back tomorrow and I want to be so far away from this house by that time....

But after that whole mess, we went to Lowe's and got the hardiboard, mud, and a bunch of other stuff (another $350 spent at Lowe's) came home and Chad and Mike got started. They didn't stop until 8:30pm last night....This am they were able to lay all the hardiboard, tape and mud it and tomorrow they will be able to start laying the actual tile.

A little funny for the day... Chad was deciding how much of our tile to go and pick up from Lowe's (they are storing it at the store for us) and we think we may have bought about 200 square feet of tile MORE than we needed.... apparently we are rich and just wanted extra LOL

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I can't believe it is Easter in only 1 week.

No comments: