We got to do some 'fun' shopping for the baby this weekend. We have been waiting until we got past 23 weeks before we did the expensive shopping so that we could save up etc. We were able to get a lot of great deals at Target because they are having their 'baby days' sales and trying to compete with Wal-Mart, so everything that we had 'planned' to buy at Walmart was cheaper at Target today. We ended up saving over $80 not including the $100 we saved on his bedding set because it was on clearance when we bought it.
Another 'fun' thing I have been enjoying is the ability to shop for boys clothes... so many people have told me "Shopping for boys isn't as fun as shopping for girls"... well after having only shopped for girls (aside from our nephew) buying boys clothes is a whole new experience. I have to admit though... I was a little cheap today in the fact that Shelby and Avery are in serious need of 18 month jeans (Delainey's handme downs are 24 months) so instead of buying the 'girlie' jeans that I normally would have I bought some jeans from the boy section, this was Brody can wear them later. My mom said that you can't even tell the difference other than normally the girls jeans have things sewn on them like butterflies etc. Oh well...gotta save a penny where I can.
This is the boucher chair that we purchased for him. My cousin has the 'girl' one for her twins and I just fell in love with it. It has music and vibrates and some 'calm' toys. I am sure it will be put to VERY good use.
This is his bedding set. It is airplanes and it really nice. We actually got it last weekend when we were in the Twin Cities. We ended up saving over $100 on the set. It was still more than I would normally spend for baby bedding, but Chad REALLY wanted airplanes for Brody, so I caved. And if he is any thing like his sisters, he will certainly get the use out of it. Shelby and Avery are STILL in their cribs and Delainey was in her crib (with the bedding) until she was almost 2 1/2. BUT to be honest, the picture just does NOT do it justice. The quilt has a fleece backing rather than the 'normal' stiff material that baby quilts are made with so he will actually be able to use the blanket for something other than just a floor blanket.
This is the swing that we bought. It will actually end up saving us even more money in the future as it plugs into the wall rather than needing batteries. My only fear is that since we bought it already Brody will be our one child that doesn't want to be in the swing.
Here is the crib that we got for the baby. You are probably asking why we bought another crib when you know we have two cribs in our house already....well Shelby and Avery are NO WHERE NEAR ready to move out of their cribs, and frankly neither am I. They have yet to even get to the lowest level on them, nor do they even have a clue as how to get out of them. Plus it is nice having a 'safe' place that they can be when I need to do something.
4 comments:
I love the roll out drawer under the crib. I wasn't asking why another crib, I was asking why another bouncy seat & swing? LOL
Angela :-)
If the drawer under the crib is as "great" as it was for the three previous cribs we have purchased by this maker, they aren't all that impressive and break rather easily.
As for the bouncy seat and swing, we sold them in February in our last "clean out".... remember that was when Chad said "We aren't every selling a single baby item"... LOL, so we no longer own them...
Chad said "what?"
Angela :-)
OK let me fully explain. In January when we had decided to go the adoption route to add to our family, Chad wanted to get rid of all the 'baby' stuff. So we did and then shortly after we got rid of the last 'big' item we found out we were pregnant.
So Chad said that this time we are not getting rid of the items when we are done with them... LOL
Post a Comment