Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another year on the board...

Today was the start of a new "board" year for Mom's Club. I am the AVP again. My job is that to run the fundraisers for our group as well as arrange speakers etc. I love the fundraising side of it. I often hear from people that I really should go into fundraising as a career, but personally when it isn't something I enjoy it can get to stressful and that just takes all the fun out of it. This year's fundraising ideas that I have are:

  • Pizza Corner Pizzas (this is a DEFINATE MUST as it was a HUGE profit maker for us last year)
  • Tastefully Simple...this one is up in the air because I am considering becoming a a consultant and would LOVE to do this for our group.
We will see where we go from here. But my 'plans' for the funds that we raise are to help stock the shelves at the Baby Boutique here in town. This is a program that was originally funded by the March of Dimes (another baby of mine) that helps low income parents help to supply their children with much needed things such as clothing, diapers, wipes etc. I will certainly let you know when the fundraiser is going to take place :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I had known about the Baby Boutique. I just donated two cans of formula, I could have saved them for that. For some reason Similac thinks I am pregnant...nothing could be further from the truth.:0