Friday, June 6, 2008

Makes me proud to be Catholic.... NOT!!!!!!!!

I am Catholic...I have never hidden that fact. But as some people I know have made it perfectly clear, in the eyes of the church I am going to hell (or at least pergatory until someone prays me out) because I don't go to services every Sunday...well and a few other things... According to church doctrine (Otherwise known as the Cathecism) if you do not attend church every Sunday and Holy Day it is a Mortal sin, and those are the "big" ones in the Catholic faith.

Well in the past few weeks I have heard more and more that makes me sad and almost ashamed to be Catholic....

A family friend has wanted to be a nun since she was three (SERIOUSLY....most little girls play dress up and pretend to get married...not A). Well a few years back she was diagnosed with RA (a form of arthritis) well the local abbey (sorry wrong 'name') almost didn't want to accept her because of these medical issues. She actually had to appeal to either the Bishop or the Pope (the reason I say either is because we have never been given the actual 'facts').

There is another story VERY similar to A's but because of what it still going on with that case I am not allowed to speak of it in detail... I just want it known that it makes me SICK!

But part of me could 'almost' (ALMOST) understand why the Church would not want to accept people into their 'callings' because of medical problems as the Church is responsible for their care/medical costs etc. (Gosh knows the Church doesn't have enough money to do that).... BUT when the church gets restraining orders against familys because of medical conditions to not allow them into church it is just DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!! Especially since the Church believes if you do not attend mass weekly and on holy days you are going to hell.... Well I guess in the case of this young man and his family they should get a 'get into heaven free card' because of their church's stupidity.... and it makes me SICK

Child banned from Church for being Autistic

so now I guess the message that I am getting out of this... is the Catholic church only wants healthy, completely well people to attend their services and go to their calling of being a church person... Wouldn't Jesus and God be proud!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes so sad. I have been Catholic my entire life and have experienced some things that I just shake my head and say "They call themselves Christians". Remeber not all Catholics are mean spirited and hateful. Those are the ones we need to pray for.