As many may know, October - April is the time of the year that RSV is the worst....or maybe many of you do not know that but you certainly do if you are the parent of a child that was born prematurely. All of our children were born preterm...Delainey was 35 weeks gestation, Shelby and Avery were 34 weeks gestation, and Brody was 36 weeks gestation. Shelby and Avery had some NICU time (11 days), Brody was only in the NICU for observation following our c-section and thankfully Delainey needed no NICU time at all.
As the parents of preemies, our household has always been aware of RSV and even though we do all that we can to prevent it (because we have Delainey in preschool it would be VERY hard to go into lock-down as many preemie families do, I applaud all of you that are able to do that), it seems to hit us every year no matter what and this year Brody is the one that 'wins' the prize.... All three of the girls also have had a cold since Christmas but because they are over 2 it isn't as 'scarey' for them and it is just considered a cold.... Brody's prize in the game of Preemie Illness is breathing treatments every 3-4 hours and tylenol for the pain (his throat is extremely raw from the coughing) and also motrin for the fever. Pleae keep our little guy in your prayers.
Oh yea...and Shelby is throwing up AGAIN!!! Damn those enlarged tonsils combined with a nasty cough .... thankfully she has an ENT appointment on January 30th....here's hoping we can come up with a solution because frankly I am tired of vomit...in fact I am so sick of vomit I could puke... Although... I have to say that I am rather proud of the fact that my 3 year old knows to book it to the bathroom when she is going to puke... The things us moms get proud of huh?? :) I am also thankful that the only part of my entire home that has carpet is the living room and even that is easy to clean :)
Hopefully the germs have skipped all your homes!!! Here are healthy thoughts to you all
5 comments:
Kristin-
I'll keep you guys in our prayers! Donovan had RSV at five weeks (and he wasn't a preemie either) and it's scary! Hopefully the ENT appt. will solve the vomit problem.
I'm so sorry Brody has RSV!! If you need anything, please let me know! I'm praying A LOT that my kids don't get it. Blake had it, the girls had it last year and all of them but Adyson has been hospitalized with it. Grrr!!!
Take care!!!
Oh my! Hugs and get well vibes are headed to your house!
Oh no! I hope your little guy and girls are better soon!!
Awww. I am VERY RSV aware, as OWen was in the hospital with it for almost a week at five weeks old...and he was born at 41 weeks. Very scary, but we've had no repeats, thank goodness...that kid barely gets a cough anymore...I chalk it up to the prevnar shots he had after the RSV.
Keeping Brody in my prayers!
Post a Comment