Judgment
It seems that I have had a lot of people judging me lately, some without realizing it and others while completely realizing it and not caring anyways.
I have had people get upset because they ‘thought’ I was judging a choice they made, I have had people assume that because I did something a certain way that I was judging them… but I was not judging. Judgment is not for me to pass on anyone…
While I am not that ‘up’ on the bible I am working on it… but even a simple non-practicing Catholic with no real knowledge of what is TRULY that Catholic faith knows that in Romans 2:1 it says “Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things"
I am sure that many people will look at the same text from the bible (and in the many versions that are out there… I myself have the St. Joseph New American Standard version, that was given to me by my grandparents on my confirmation day…) and see a different meaning, but what I a lowly non-practicing Catholic got out of the message is that you should not judge others because by doing so, you too are doing the same ‘wrong’.
I know that there is a belief that in order to be a good Christian you need to help others make the right choices and when you see them doing ‘wrong’ you should try to correct them… I think that is GREAT! I do… I really do. BUT in the same sense God did give us free will, and sadly some of us ‘bad’ people make the wrong choice…
But I personally do not believe ANYTHING is ever a mistake… I personally feel that every experience in life is a learning experience… do you sometimes learn the ‘right’ thing… most certainly, do you sometimes learn that ‘wrong’ thing… sadly… yes. BUT in my simple mind as long as you learn SOMETHING it is a learning experience and you will take it with you for your entire lifetime.
I also am having a hard time understanding how someone can pass judgment on another person and then think that just because they say “That’s what I believe” or “that’s what my religion says”, that it is ok. I mean honestly people…you need to decide for yourself what is right and wrong too. I mean if we followed the bible to a t, women would still be ‘less than’ anyone else, and if I remember correctly the bible ‘said’ it is ok to have slaves, which I am fairly certain that NO ONE-- no matter your religion thinks is right.
This post was not created out of one single incident and there is certainly no one to ‘blame’ for me finally putting this post out there… It is just something that I needed to say and get out there… they are my thoughts and feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment