Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Growing up too Fast!!!

My babies are growing up to fast...seriously people. I really mean it. I know that there are days when I say that I can't wait to go back to work...but I really don't mean it... REALLY...

Tonight as I was making dinner, the phone rang. Thinking nothing of it, as the phone tends to ring while I am cooking, I answered it. I was rather shocked to hear this little voice on the other end saying "HEY...your Delainey's Mom"... to which I responded with "yes this is Delainey's mom ..." the little voice on the other end then asked kindly to speak with Delainey. I of course had to remind my 4-year old of her 'phone manners' to say "hello, this is Delainey" before demanding to know who it was... she and her little friend talked for more than 10 minutes. Apparently the two little girls have planned a play date...but neither of the parents (meaning us or her's) were included in that part of the conversation so I guess we just wait and see...


I think this whole growing up thing is starting to get out of hand around here. I mean seriously... today I had one of my two year olds (I'll let you guess which one) telling me not only was I being naughty (technically I was as what I was doing is not allowed for our children) and when I responded back with that I was using a knife so that I could make dinner, this child promptly informed me that I needed a "ime nowt" (time out) and "Daddy mad at you"....

Tonight at bedtime Shelby and Avery wanted to sleep "on the ottom' (meaning the bottom bunk of our bunk beds) rather than in their cribs. I told them not yet... Chad and I have discussed this transition once Delainey is done with school (next week) but I am just not ready... I know that it is me holding them back, but part of me can't help but mourn the idea of the loss of our cribs... :( It also makes me a bit mad that I 'rushed' out and bought a fourth crib for Brody (you see we bought two cribs when we found out we were expecting twins because Delainey was still in hers and we didn't want for her to feel that the babies were 'taking' anything from her...little turkey started crawling out of it when Shelby and Avery were only 5 weeks old.... STINKER PANTS). Oh well right... I'll be selling the cribs either on bisman or at my cousin's rummage sale this summer.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week... ours has been a bit stressful, but it has been a good one none the less!

2 comments:

Angela :-) said...

What happened to Delainey's crib? Or don't you have all 4 still? And, is the dog wearing a shirt?!

Angela :-)

mary40 said...

I know exactly what you are talking about, I would like to have another child.
Huga