Saturday, March 17, 2007

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY and more...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY FOLKS!!! I hope that the luck of the Irish was with you. I know that it has been with us today. Our friends came home today, after having been in Ethiopia for a week with their two new children. And I was blessed enough to get to meet them at the airport to welcome them home forever.

The children are beautiful. I wish that I could post pictures of them (as I took pictures at the airport etc) but I do not want to violate my friends, their children or their privacy in general. I am sure that eventually everyone will see the children and love them as much as I already do.

Someone once compared adoption to pregnancy.... and since I have only ever gone through a pregnancy before I thought I would never relate. But you know... I think watching my friend's adoption really touched me in a way that I don't think I will ever be able to explain... EXCEPT... at least when we told our friends their children were beautiful we MEANT IT... HONESTLY AND WHOLE HEARTEDLY... not like people do when you have a newborn who is all bruised banged up etc... THESE KIDS ARE CUTE... and they can smile...... So I think it was worth it... My friends will probably agree as well..... once of course they forget about their mess with customs, their lost luggage, and oh...and of course the sleep deprevation that comes with having a 4 year old and a 14 month old on a plane for over 24 hours :)

SO I WOULD LIKE TO PROUDLY WELCOME A and R (I need to get permission from my friend to use the children's full names) TO OUR LIVES AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TO THE LIVES OF THEIR FOREVER FAMILY :) WE LOVE YOU ALL (the whole clan) SO VERY MUCH...yes Dennis... EVEN YOU ;)

And with that my friends--- Good night

1 comment:

Ann Carpenter said...

Hey guys,
Love the website! Take care, You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Hope you had a great weekend!
Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Ann
www.caringbridge.org/visit/ascarp