A friend of mine is hoping to have surgery tomorrow (I know that sounds odd, but she needs to have this procedure done), so I thought that I’d be a good friend and make her family a meal today to drop off and then her husband wouldn’t have to cook and her children *much to their disappointment I am sure* wouldn’t have to have cold cereal or fast food as she will be out of commission for a day or two.
Well I thought why not make my family the same meal and then I will be a bit a head of the game for the day J Should have realized then that anything that lets me start out ahead usually isn’t as good as it is planned to be Ha-ha!
Well I get all the items to make spaghetti bake out (noodles, sauce, ground beef, cheese), I put the water on to boil and I walk away. Well I come back to the water once it is boiling and add my pasta to cook, stir it and walk away because Shelby is screaming about the toy cell phone *again mind you*…so I come back just a few moments later and look into the pot of boiling water and pasta and think to myself as I am stirring it “Wow, this is cooking up really fast” because of the ‘amount’ of noodles in the pan. Well as I am putting the box from the noodles in the trash I happen to look at it… I MADE A 2 POUND BOX OF NOODLES!!!! Umm yea, I normally only use ½ of a 1lb box to make an entire dish of spaghetti bake for my family, so needless to say I had noodles coming out of my ears.
So not only does my family have dinner for tonight, my friend has a pan of spaghetti bake for tomorrow night, a pan of chicken casserole for another night AND I have noodles to make some sort of pasta side for Thanksgiving LOL, I think I may try one of those ‘baked’ macaroni and cheese recipes that I saw on the food network special this weekend… so while it was kind of ‘bad’, it worked out because now I was able to share in the wealth of my mistake!!!
Have a great day!!
3 comments:
You could make my dollar dinner for Wed for me! ;) (Totally kidding) I have been there done that!
You know, I could do that since no one wants a 'noodle' salad at Thanksgiving... LOL ;)
Yum! I love baked spaghetti casserole. Now I think I will have to make it. Will you email me your recipe?
Post a Comment