Saturday, November 10, 2007

Precious Babes...

Yesterday during morning nap (yes, Shelby and Avery still take two naps a day) the girls weren't settling down as they normally do. They were laughing and having a good ole time and since they are getting to the age where they don't really 'need' two naps I wasn't 'sweating' it too much. All of a sudden I hear full out laughter coming from the bedroom... it is an odd noise during nap time even if they are playing. Well I walk down the hall way and open the door to find:

AVERY STANDING IN SHELBY'S CRIB WITH HER!!!!! It would seem that Avery had climbed over the railing of her crib and into Shelby's. You see the girls' cribs have to be pushed together because they have always had to hold hands/touch in order to sleep.

We tried several things when it came to afternoon nap and the only thing that worked (after Avery actually fell OUT of her crib--we had moved Shelby's crib a bit away from hers) was to let the two of the sleep in the same crib. It seems to be working. Chad is still going to lower the mattresses on both cribs and we are going to see if there is some way we can attach the two cribs together so that the girls have a bit more space but here is a picture from the sleepover last night:

5 comments:

Angela :-) said...

How sweet.

Angela :-)

Vanderklok Family said...

Aww, that's so cute! I can't believe your girls take TWO naps! What time are their naps and for how long? What time do they go to bed at night?

Kristin said...

The girls tend to get up at 6am lately so by 930ish they are just beat... so they go down and then sleep until about 1030ish.

Their afternoon nap is at 1pm or so and they are up by 3pm and bedtime is between 730-8pm. We will see how that 'schedule' works for them once we move them to beds in which they get to control their ups and downs though.. LOL

Vanderklok Family said...

Wow, I impressed at how much they sleep. I wish mine would sleep that much!

Kristin said...

Yea... I am really lucky. I wish that we could cut that am nap and sleep just a bit later in the ams but they have pretty much ALWAYS had that schedule....