Well today I actually got up the motivation to get my children ready and out the door so I could make it to the Y. I had originally planned on getting there early enough to join some friends in this cycling class that they have been talking about... but I didn't get there until 9am and it started at 845--it is probably a good thing I missed it because I would be dead instead of writing this blog post--... anyways back to my story.
Get the kids into child watcher *yea there was room for everyone* and head towards the door to leave... no one is crying everything is all good... I even snuck into the neighboring office to peek through the window to make certain...everyone was having fun...
So off to the Life Center I head... I've got my iPod w/ my Nike Plus *damn thing froze on my so I couldn't use it* got a treadmill by the window and started working out... I was even able to watch Rachel Ray...well as I am making my 7th lap ( I use that silly little screen that lets me pretend that I am on an outdoor track to 'see' my progress) over the load speaker I head "Kristin Krumwiede to child watch please"... just what EVERY mom wants to hear right.... so I jump off the treadmill-- forgot to pull my ear phones out of the treadmill and had them come whipping out my ears-- THAT HURTS btw-- and up the stairs I flew... didn't even take the time to grab my stuff out of my locker room... get upstairs to find Brody screaming his head off...
Long story short... I've been TOLD that Brody can not stay in child watch longer than 20 minutes next time... OUCH... like I am going to take the time (and energy) to drag my ass to the Y for a measly 20 minutes... PUH-LEASE!!!! Well I will because Brody needs to start getting used to other people... and they could have let him cry... OR they could have followed my instructions of letting him have a snack...OR they could have allowed for his sister *who is his personal security person* sit beside him.... all of these things would have calmed him down... better luck to us all next time right?
That being said at least I got to burn 232 calories right??? AND I didn't even emotional eat once I got home... instead I cleaned because I was so mad!!! LOL
6 comments:
Wow! I didn't even know they HAD a loudspeaker at the Y! And they told you he could only stay for 20 minutes?? What?!
There seem to be some silly rules in there at times. I'd start on a rant, but that would be unwise at this juncture. Better luck next time!
Good for you, though!
Angela :-)
232 is better than zero! You should talk with the director and tell them you left instructions. Some people just don't like to deal...
What's up with the 20 minutes and I didn't know about the loudspeaker either-like I would even hear it with how loud I have the TV cranked-I'll be deaf by the time I'm sixty.
Wow ~ that would have made me mad too. I mean really - what kid isn't going to be a little scared in a new place! Geez!
Post a Comment